HMS Holdings and all of its subsidiaries (HMS) recognizes the importance of minimizing the environmental impact of our business operations. We are committed to conduct our business in an environmentally responsible manner and comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. The goal is to create and maintain an environmental management system (EMS) that will raise awareness at all levels of the company and continually improve our environmental performance.
To deliver this policy HMS will:
- Maintain an EMS that aligns with ISO 14001 and apply the EMS to all business operations.
- Ensure our business operations comply with all local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Promote energy efficiency in all areas of business activity.
- Minimize pollution and waste by proactively promoting reducing, reusing, and recycling programs.
- Ensure employees and business partners are aware of the environmental impacts of their work activities and encourage them through regular awareness and training to minimize those impacts.
- Inform our suppliers and contractors of our environmental expectations and give preference to environmentally aware suppliers whenever possible.
- Make efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy, water and other natural resources.
- Communicate our environmental performance both within the company and to the external community.